DIY BUBBLE MACHINE
These DIY bubble machines are easy and fun to make for endless foamy bubble fun this summer!
You will need: [affiliate links included for your convenience]
- *styrofoam or plastic cups
- *plastic food wrap
- *bendy straws
- *tape in a pinch but preferably sticky tack or chewed gum ;-p
- *dish soap or bubble solution
- *elastic bands or hair elastics
- *something sharp to poke holes in the cups (we used a corkscrew)
1. Poke a hole in the cups, about 1 - 2 cm above the base, that is just big enough for a straw. Be careful not to let the hole tear too big. (I think next time we'll try a hole punch - if you try that, let me know how it works!)
2. Poke the bent end of the straw through the hole so that the long end is on the outside of the cup, bent upwards. Use tape, sticky tack or even a piece of chewed gum to seal around the hole. (We used tape, but it did leak, so if you have sticky tack or gum I'd go with those.)
4. Pull a piece of the plastic food wrap as tightly as you can over the top of the cup and secure with an elastic band or hair elastic.
6. Blow into your straw and watch the bubbles foam out of your own homemade bubble machine! Fun!!
*Note: Obviously, this is only suitable for children who are not going to suck on the straw - please use your parental judgement as to whether this activity is appropriate for your child. (I did it with my 7 year old and 4 year old with no doubts in my mind.)